[Kolab-devel] Anybody currently working on the kolab web interface?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Mar 19 15:26:30 CET 2004

Am Donnerstag, 18. März 2004 08:33 schrieb Nathan Toone:

Hi Jeffrey and Natha,

> I don't know what's being worked on right now - but I'd be interested in
> helping out as well.  I've done minimal modifications to the web

This is excellent news. Actually we are currently working on designing Proko2
which will result in Kolab 2.0.

Kolab 2.0 will have a completly rewritten PHP frontend as the current frontend
is simply too hacky and involves ugly Syntax due due the way how badly PHP
integrates LDAP. In addition we had an extreme time pressure when doing the
first PHP frontend which resulted in hard to maintain c&p sections. We aim
for a light OO PHP design for Kolab 2.0.

Our obligee for Proko2 actually does not use the PHP frontend because he
integrates Kolab 2.0 into a large directory server infrastructure but we
consider the web frontend of major importance to the OSS world.

The original architecture with strict seperation of graphical frontend (PHP),
config storage (LDAP) and backend writing the actual configuration files
(Perl) will remain.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de