[Kolab-devel] Installer and OpenPKG

Buchan Milne bgmilne at obsidian.co.za
Fri Mar 12 16:39:32 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> On Friday 12 March 2004 16:23, Buchan Milne wrote:

> > > The OpenPKG spec files are much different from Mandrake rpm spec files.
> > > Do you intend to maintain these spec files over time?
> >
> > Well, they will be maintained in Mandrake ... and if I get time, I have
> > some plans for them too (to make integration with other packages - such as
> > our amavisd-new etc packages - easier), but at present they are maintained
> > by Jean-Michel Dault (apache maintainer).
> >
> > kolab is in "main", so it is officially supported, so it is basically
> > guaranteed to be maintained.
>
> That is good news.
> Is this public at some webpage from Mandrake?
> We could add a link from our pages.

On: http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/10.0/features/#6

"The Kolab server adds a full groupware server solution to Mandrakelinux
10.0 Official professional packs."

and

"The range of Mandrakelinux 10.0 Official packs will be available in early
May 2004 and will provide documentation, support, third-party software and
several additional professional features such as the Kolab server and
several network management tools."

<don't quote on the web page>The kolab-server packages have been
intentionally left off the "download" ISOs etc, for product differentation
reasons (ie they will be on the "Official Powerpack" and "Official
ProSuite" etc), but all the packages (as usual) in main are available on
the FTP mirrors. Being in main, they are supported (in terms of security
updates) for everyone.</don't quote on web page>

Regards,
Buchan