[Kolab-devel] Installer and OpenPKG

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Fri Mar 12 13:47:02 CET 2004

Hi Bernhard,

> So you basically want to install Fedora with Anaconda and
> then run the OpenPGK scripts to set up Kolab. Nice.

Yes, that is the plan. First I need to tame anaconda. :-)

> Maybe you also can add to the reasons why OpenPGK is a good choice.
> I have encountered many people that said:
> But why don't you make Debian packages.
> And it always took me a long time to explain it to them.

OpenPKG is a sandbox solution. The "project" does not care about or
interfere with the host system.

I know there are issues on systems with web servers running and default mail
server that are always installed, but the philosophy is sound. You only need
to resolve the issues on the OS - flavor you know best.

Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557