[Kolab-devel] mod_php_pear in kolab

Stuart Bingë list at codefusion.co.za
Fri Mar 5 09:20:10 CET 2004

Hello Ian,

On Thursday 26 February 2004 21:56, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> 	Is it a solution to build apache with "--define "with_mod_php_pear yes"
> and we can use that in both horde and smartsieve?

Yes this would be a solution. Currently we also require this option to be
specified for the Webclient (i.e. Horde) to work. In fact if you're
installing Kolab via obmtool <http://www.zfos.org/> this option is already
specified by default.

We eventually want to move the webclient install to an OpenPKG compliant RPM,
and will then only include the PEAR files required by Horde that are not
provided by Apache with mod_php_pear set.

> 	For our current install we can use both at the same time, but I think we
> may want to have a more portable long term solution.  It would suck for
> kolab as a group to not be able to use SourceXtreme's packages just be
> cause they require a special Kolab setup.

Agreed.

Stuart Bingë
  - Code Fusion  <http://www.codefusion.co.za/>

   EMail: s.binge at codefusion.co.za