[Kolab-devel] Old webclient folder

Stuart Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Mon Jun 7 17:45:30 CEST 2004

Hi Martin,

On Monday, 07 June 2004 17:29, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Monday 07 June 2004 05:04 pm schrieb Stuart Bingë:
>
> Hi Stuart,
>
> > Bernhard / Martin, or whomever else has write access to erfrakon's
> > FTP/HTTP server;
> >
> > Please could you remove whatever directory corresponds to the URL
> > <http://www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/download/kolab-webclient/
>
> Done! (I moved the stuff to Attic)

Thanks :-)

> > Now that the webclient's home is in Horde CVS we no longer need to
> > maintain snapshots of the code ourselves, as Horde already provides this
> > feature.
>
> Please provide an URL so that I can point users accordingly.

Horde keeps a weeks worth' of snapshots in the directory
<http://ftp.horde.org/pub/snaps/>.

Although, you may as well point users to the latest snapshots at
<http://ftp.horde.org/pub/snaps/latest/>.

> In addition I would like to know if there are Kolab specific releases/tags
> within the Horde CVS?

No, there's nothing like that. The Horde code that relates to Kolab is mainly
in a 'Kolab' package within the Horde framework module, as well as the
Kolab-specific drivers for several of the Horde applications (these are
stored in the application/lib/Driver/ directories). Basically when you get a
Horde release it is able to run on Kolab out of the box, after you've
configured all the relevant apps to use the Kolab backends.

All the other integration work that we did (such as moving the attendee
functionality to the calendar application) is a standard part of Horde now -
we tried to be flexible in that we didn't want to stray too much from Horde
itself (we'd had enough of maintaining a fork). We pretty much tried to
engineer any new features that we needed around the idea of contributing the
code back to Horde at some point, in order to further extend the project.

Overall it's been a mutually beneficial relationship, I would say :-)

- Stuart