[Kolab-devel] Kolab, LDAP, and Unix acounts

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 7 16:41:28 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 18:22, Buchan Milne wrote:
> Alexandre Boeglin wrote:

> IMHO the two biggest obstacles currently are:
> -Kolab trashing previous slapd.conf's (or user edits). This is the
> reason I don't run Kolab on my own laptop at present (since it
> overwrites all my changes all the time unnecessarily)

I assume that you are aware of the possiblity to edit
the template. What kind of changes  are you making that editing
the template is not enought?

(Not being an LDAP expert I am just curious.)

> -Namespace conflicts should be avoided (using the person's name as the
> naming attribute is ridiculous as it is not guaranteed to be unique).
>
> Of course, I am assuming that we have a schema that interoperates with
> other schemas ...

Both seems to be reasonable wishes to me, but  again not being
an expert I do not know what amount of work is needed here.
Filling an issue in the tracker and helping with the solution
raises the chances to get it fulfilled.

Best,
	Bernhard