[Kolab-devel] yet another way to build kolab

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 4 22:45:53 CEST 2004

Op vrijdag 4 juni 2004 00:15, schreef Thomas Lotterer:
> > The tarball that is the result of the above mentioned
> > Makefile is located at: http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/kolab/
> > (kolab-webadmin-1.90-20040601.tar.gz). The tarball can be configured
> > with ./configure (use --help) for the possible reconfigurations. The
> > usual commands like make, make DESTDIR=.... install and make distcheck
> > work.
>
> I took a look at this work today and I suggest Kolab should use it.

Thomas,

thank you very much for your extraordinary explanation!

> > Devtool [...] is geared more towards building releases rather than
> > building source code, i.e. packaging a set of files to be distributed
> > in a release tarball, managing version information for a project, etc.
>
> Exactly. It is not a replacement for make or the GNU autotools. In fact,
> it calls them - if the development environment supports it. Currently,
> Kolab is missing the autotools and that's what Richard Bos is going to
> contribute.

I'm willing too, but how to continue from here?  The kolab-webadmin module is
a nice one to start with, as it is small and does not depend on many
variables ( incontradiction of the kolab module).

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless