[Kolab-devel] yet another way to build kolab

Timotheus Pokorra Timotheus at Pokorra.de
Thu Jun 3 23:52:07 CEST 2004

Hello Richard,

from my perspective (user of Kolab, packaging a standardised linux for
our organisation) I will wait switching from OpenPKG until the
distributors will include Kolab into their distributions.
If the maintainers of the packages (Cyrus IMAP etc.) would include the
workarounds into their packages, then it would make sense for me to
build kolab for the prefered distribution myself.
But when I have to keep track of all the updates to the different
packages myself, that is too difficult for me.
On the other hand, I have no experience with packaging, so perhaps for
other people it is easier.
I will keep an eye on it, and personally would very much like Kolab
directly in Fedora Core.
But until then, the OpenPKG is a quite useful alternative.

Timo