[Kolab-devel] Company Credits in About and Webpages

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 13 12:31:39 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 09:41, Stephan Buys wrote:
> I have to agree with Martin. Although I respect the Free Software
> Foundation immensely I think these requirement are over-strict for our
> purposes...

But that was the point of my proposal,
to get official "advertisment" from the kolab.org webpages
for companies that do not cleary contribute back in code or money,
you need to fullfil the strict criteria.

Otherwise the companies that contribute or are completley
dedicated to Free Software are at a disadvantages.

> On Monday 12 July 2004 19:22, Martin Konold wrote:

> > > http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/gnubiz-disc/2000-December/000014.ht
> > >ml
> >
> > Thanks for the pointer. IMHO the guidelines are too strict for our
> > purposes.
> >
> > E.g. why exclude a company which also does support proprietary software
> > (Postgres/Oracle clase)?

PostgreSQL is Free Software, so it would fit the criteria.
A company that actively supports Oracle is not a Free Software company,
no need for the Kolab project to advertise for them when we have companies
that contribute significantly or completely do Free Software databases
like PostgreSQL, MySQL or Firebird.