[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.0 Release Coordination

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 12 16:10:16 CEST 2004

On Saturday 10 July 2004 22:00, Jean-Michel Dault wrote:
> Le jeu 08/07/2004 à 12:17, Martin Konold a écrit :

> It might take some time, and I agree with you that OpenPKG is the best
> way *for the moment*, but if we want Kolab to be *the* reference in
> groupware, it *has* to come standard with Linux distros.

Naturally we want Kolab to come as easy as possible
and you have written our current position clearly:
OpenPKG is the best way currently.

If I spend time on the Kolab solution right now, I want it to
be a groupware solution that is usable.
For this goal, the packaging of the Kolab Server implementation is
of lower priority. We need to get other stuff working first
and packaging of the client is much more interesting.

> Kolab should be compatible with existing LDAP setups, it does not make
> major modifications apart from the schema and replication.

Yes, it should be. Again not the highest priority, though.

> If we want Kolab to dominate the market, we must each work together to
> resolve these issues. Me might not be ready, and OpenPKG might be the
> best solution so far, but eventually, the whole thing needs to be
> commoditized.

I fully agree and help is appreciated.
	Bernhard