[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.0 Release Coordination

Jean-Michel Dault jmdault at mandrakesoft.com
Thu Jul 8 17:42:49 CEST 2004

Le jeu 08/07/2004 à 10:18, Bernhard Reiter a écrit :
> > Try to install kolab in e.g. /usr or /opt and have it use the applications
> > that are provided by the different linux providers.  You won't be that
> > happy anymore.
> We would need to get a lot more help from
> people trying to integrate Kolab in their favorite distributions.

I'm the Kolab maintainer for Mandrake, and I'll do whatever it needs to
help you, it that means I don't have to patch kolab all the time ;-)

Right now, I'm doing some awful stuff, search and replace everywhere,
and it works, but it's ugly.

I haven't had the time to try Richard Bos's patches, but from what I
have seen, it's a step in the right direction.

The nice thing is that if it works on Mandrake, you only need to modify
a few minor things, and it's portable to RedHat and SuSE, and you're
more than 3/4 of the way for Debian and Gentoo.

--
Jean-Michel Dault <jmdault at mandrakesoft.com>