[Kolab-devel] OID numbers used in kolab.schema

Buchan Milne bgmilne at obsidian.co.za
Tue Jan 27 21:09:16 CET 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Stephan Buys wrote:

> Hi Buchan, (and list)
>
> The Kroupware consortium (Intevation?) should probably be the guys to
> register the OID for Kolab. I fully agree that this needs to be addressed
> (and would indeed by trivial to do).
>
> When registering for an OID they require the following information:
>
> Company Name
> Company Address
> Company Phone Number
> Contact Name
> Contact Address
> Contact Phone Number
> Contact Email
> FAX Number

According to the form, even less than that.

> We could do what the Horde project (OID 13040) did and registrer an
> OID using the Company Name: The Kolab Project (or something similar)

Sure. It just has to be done, and the "legal" schema published. I would do
it, but the only OIDs I have access to belong to a client at present.

Really, until now experimental OIDs should have been used.

> >From past experience it can actually take significantly less than 5 days.

So, the Kolab/Intevation people have about 5 days to beat me to
publishing (since I've been busy fixing schemas anyway on a different
project ...).

(Just kidding Bernhard ..).

Really, I think this is quite urgent. It would be nice if the real schema
exists before KDE-3.2 final is out ....

Regards,
Buchan