[Kolab-devel] Kolab CF

Dan Ohnesorg Dan at ohnesorg.cz
Wed Jan 21 10:50:56 CET 2004

Dne Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 01:37:03PM +0200, Stephan Buys napsal:

> I agree that the inclusion on MySQL is far from ideal. That is why this isn't really
> a production orientated release. Its more of a development release. We already
> use LDAP for preferences, but have not had time to implement the Categories
> driver for LDAP/Kolab. Its all about time constraints and a lack of man power.

The sql tables for Categories aren't too hard to transfer to LDAP, question
is only how to do it, becouse horde has some ideas about storing
preferencies in LDAP, which are easy, but not right, LDAP stores usually
values, not encoded arrays of variables structures.

> Cool idea. There are a lot of areas where these kinds of improvements can
> be made to improve Kolab as a product, but we rely on the community to
> make these kinds of suggestions and to help us improve it.

I have one more. We are using two kinds of email addresses, one is in fact
login at server.company, but it is used internally, second form is for outer
usage and is Name.FamilyName at company.com and in outgoing emails is the first
form replaced with this representative form using sender_canonical_map, I
have patched kolab to do this using Primary Email Address and E-mail Alias,
I can also send You the patch.

cheers
dan