[Kolab-devel] More information on proftpd

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sat Feb 28 12:56:43 CET 2004

Am Thursday 12 February 2004 18:02 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> On Tuesday 10 February 2004 13:58, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > Greetings
> > 	Ive been trying to get proftpd to work on kolab 1.0.  I have gotten the
> > point where proftpd now loads by rebuilding the package some.  My new
> > issue is that when the user logs in they cannot read the free/busy lists.
> >
> > 	I did get the users to be able to authenticate with their username and
> > password though.
>
> Yes, this is a cludge.
> Writing will only work if you give your username and password.
> Reading might work giving one commonly shared secret
> for one installation.

This must be a missunderstanding.
http://www.kroupware.org/architecture-1.1/x516.html
"Herein it can be configured to allow a store-only incoming directory for the
free-busy lists for all groupware users. [...] Its only functionality on the
Kolab server is the legacy mode to enable Windows clients to publish their
free-busy lists via anonymous FTP on the server. If only KDE clients connect,
the FTP functionality is not needed."

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de