[Kolab-devel] OID numbers used in kolab.schema

Buchan Milne bgmilne at obsidian.co.za
Tue Feb 3 15:11:39 CET 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> On Thursday 29 January 2004 12:48, Buchan Milne wrote:
> > >
> > > I've submitted a request for an enterprise number
> > > for the Kolab Project.
> >
> > Great.
>
> It is here:
> 	The IANA has assigned the following Private Enterprise
>         Number to Kolab Project:
>                                               19414

Cool!

> 	Please see the following for your assignment in the registry:
> 	<http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers>
>
> > > Intevation will act on behalf of the Kolab community,
> > > until we'll find a better solution.
> >
> > In handling the OID number for now?
>
> Yes.
>
> > > We should open an issue about what need to be done
> > > when we have the OID. Buchan: Do you feel like doing this?
> >
> > Sure. Where?
>
> In the public issue tracker:
> 	https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/
> Just register yourself.

Doing so now.

> > Mostly, the 60000 must just be replaced with the assigned enterprise
> > number (assuming that the existing arcs below 60000 are acceptable to the
> > owner of the Kolab OID ).
>
> I'll guess we'll have to recheck the arcs, so we do have documentation
> for this.

Well, all the Kolab stuff curently uses the arc 1.3.6.1.4.60000.2, so the
easiest would be to use 1.3.6.1.4.19414.2 for the currently Kolab schema,
so we can just s/60000/19414/g. Everyhing else would be available to
whoever administers the enterprise number, as long as they don't use
anything below .2.

Of course, if Kolab is going to be using MIB numbers for SNMP, then it may
be an idea to sub-arc 19414 for LDAP use instead, and one could also
consider sub-arcing for the Kolab mail server project itself (if there is
a possibility there will ever be any other Kolab schemas ..).

Regards,
Buchan