[Kolab-devel] Beta-Strategy for Server?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Dec 13 11:30:50 CET 2004

Am Montag, 13. Dezember 2004 11:08 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi Bernhard,

> > requirement makes it very difficult to gain reliable mirroring.
>
> It is easy to do reliable mirroring: Just mirror the symlinks. ;)

Sorry but your answer is not suitable. E.g. if we want to use the kde.org
mirroring infrastructure for releases we cannot depend on symlinks.

This is due to the plain fact that symlinks are intentionally disabled with
man webservers.

Technically FTP is a dying protocol and we should not depend on it.

Yours,
-- martin

President next year."  -- Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n