[Kolab-devel] [issue342] bootstrap error

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Mon Aug 23 17:13:43 CEST 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004, Matt Douhan wrote:

> New submission from Matt Douhan <matt at fruitsalad.org>:
>
> When bootstrapping Kolab2 on Freebsd the hostname option used seems
> to be linux specific, the error on FreeBSD is as follows
>
> > hostname: illegal option -- f
> > usage: hostname [-s] [name-of-host]

I urge you to take a look at the OpenPKG timeline of the kolab.spec [1]
and examine the %prep [2] section which already does lots of portability
hacks for Kolab1 which should eventually make it into Kolab2. This
hostname(1) issue was fixed here a long time ago and it's not the only
thing. Hopefully the OpenPKG %prep hacks will completely vanish soon ...

[1] http://cvs.openpkg.org/rlog?f=openpkg-src/kolab/kolab.spec
[2] http://cvs.openpkg.org/getfile/openpkg-src/kolab/kolab.spec

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless