[Kolab-devel] IMAP Problems with 20040812

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Mon Aug 16 22:17:56 CEST 2004

Hi

Fresh intall of 20040812 will not allow me to create mailboxes, the following
error is seen

kolab2# /kolab/bin/cyradm --user manager localhost
IMAP Password:
              Login failed: authentication failure
at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.4/i386-freebsd/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line
118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as manager
kolab2#
kolab2#

as a note is it not possible to display IMAP problems in the kolab web
interface, it tells me the user was created successfully but obviously it was
not, it seems the web interface does not cater for many problems in the
usercreate process, if it fails to create the users mailbox it would be nice
to be notifyed about it.

rgds

Matt