[Kolab-devel] Re: Trying to synch and create another mirror

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Aug 11 11:10:40 CEST 2004

* Matt Douhan <matt at fruitsalad.org> [20040810 19:10]:
> As I proposed on kolab-users I am happy to provide a mirror for Kolab, I am
> trying to synch but your server keeps disconnecting and not letting me synch
> the entire directory structure, can you please check if there any troubles
> with the rsynch on your side and I will double and triple check my side to
> see if we can solve the problem.

Since the gwdg mirror uses rsync, too, I guess our rsync is working
correctly. Until now we never got any error reports and I never had
problems using it, too.

> ALso to make doubly sure, please again tell me what to synch and the path
> where I can find it and I will try again

To double check you can try to rsync from our mirror:
rsync -l -rtzvP rsync://ftp.gwdg.de/FreeGIS/intevation/kolab/ your/target-dir

If this works, you can try our server:
rsync -l -rtzvP rsync://rsync.kolab.org/ftp/kolab/ your/target-dir

I just did a full rsync on the kolab tree from the same host without
problems, but I didn't test it over the internet.

Thomas

P.S.: Please do all your tests within the next 20 hours, because the
server will be temporarily moved to a location with low bandwidth
(2Mbit compared to 34Mbit now) and higher traffic costs, see my
announcement on kolab-users.

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/