[Kolab-devel] CVS structure (upload of CF engine)

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Apr 6 13:28:11 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 10:29, Stephan Buys wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We want to upload our work to CVS, but unfortunately the structures
> of the packages differ widely.
>
> The way we do things is that we have two folders called devel and
> releng.
>
> devel contains all the perl source files, which makes it easy to
> check out from CVS and start coding without hassle...
>
> the releng directory contains all the packaging/release related
> materials. (Like perl distro manifests, spec files, etc.)

Sounds fine with me. If you want to reorganize/clean up CVS you have my
blessing. Just please notice that I have already merged cf-kolab-1.0.4
into the kolab dir in CVS. I dont want to keep those as separate
packages. I also imported the perl-kolab module and modified KOlab-Conf
to generate conf-files for clamav and amavisd. My next step is to clean
up/rewrite the web admin interface to make it more managable so I can
start adding the new admin features (quotas, virus-scanner features
etc.)

> Problems with the current CVS structure:
>
> 1) The folders apache,  imapd,  perl-kolab,  proftpd, db,  horde,
> openldap, postfix and sasl should not be there. The patches in there
> have been integrated into OpenPKG and should be maintained using the
> OpenPKG mechanism in the future...
>
> 2) There are badly outdated files and scripts in doc (these could be
> archived)
>
> 3) obmtool.conf, obmtool should be moved to the utilities folder, if
> kept here at all...

I want to keep those because I want to control my own set of packages to
have a welldefined baseline for testing without depending on what ZFO
makes available (big thanks to ZFO for a good starting point though!)

> 4) The current scripts in the utilities folder can be archived...
>
> We would then like to add:
>
> 1) releng (which contains the release/package files for the daemon,
> interfaces and perl-kolab)
>
> 2) devel (which contain the sourcecode for development purposes.
> perl-kolab, engine, and admin source will then be stored there...)
>
> Any thoughts or feedback?

Sounds good to me, as long as my recent changes dont get lost and the
new structure contains a script or whatever to build packages and a
README telling me how :-)

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se