[Kolab-devel] Re: [Kroupware] kolab and Novel eDirectory

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Wed Oct 29 16:10:08 CET 2003

Hi,

You were right, there is no way to check the password through AD and LDAP.
But it is possible to let SASL do it's authentication through a bind test
on LDAP.

So, we have got a prototype of the Kolab daemon running that can authenticate
against Active Directory for all the user mailboxes. Also, it has the ability to
create, modify and remove mailboxes as you do the changes in Active Directory.

We will be releasing the code soon for anyone interested. (It features some
_major_ overhauls of the Kolab daemon)

Regards,
Stephan