[Kolab-devel] Bug in buildkolab.sh

Dan Ohnesorg Dan at ohnesorg.cz
Sat Nov 15 16:47:17 CET 2003

I have tried to install kolab and I have found a bug in buildkolab script,
there is

listing=`ls /kolab/*`

this produces unexpected result, look at this:

$cd /tmp
$mkdir aaa
$ls aaa
- nothing returned dir is empty - OK
$ls aaa/*
ls: aaa/*: No such file or directory
and script is done

So the proper line should be:

listing=`ls /kolab/`

The same applies on the installkolab.sh script.

Second, the order of building packages is wrong, fsl needs be compiled and
installed before procmail.

If pear is enabled insisde apache, there must be also --enable-cli compile
option.

The getpackages script should also download getopt package and doesn't.

After some patching of Makefiles (where are refernced versions of packages,
which aren't avaiable now) I am not able to start kolabbootstrap

/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b

prepare LDAP database...
kill running slapd (if any)
temporarily start slapd
could not connect ldap server at /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap line 161.
Can't call method "bind" without a package or object reference at
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap line 163.

I am searching why.

cheers
dan