[Kolab-devel] re: buildkolab.sh errors

Martin Konold martin at max.kde.org
Thu May 29 21:27:21 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2003 22:44 schrieb Stephan Buys:

Hi,

> I propose to change the Makefiles to use wildcards instead of the specific
> versions of the OpenPKG packages (as they change so often)

But this means that we silently use another version and much later we wonder
why some stuff does not work anymore.

IMHO the inconvinience to change the Makefile intentionally is much better
than later to debug without this knowledge.

After verifying that Kolab still works as expected the change can then be
integrated in the cvs version of buildkolab.sh.

As soon as OpenPKG releases it next stable version things will calm down with
regards to new versions.

Yours,
--- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de