[Kolab-devel] Legacy mode broken?

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Wed May 21 22:04:26 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > requires me to authenticate - so I can't really find a way that somebody
> > who does not have my password would check on my free/busy with legacy
> > mode - or I'm missing something (most likely the latter case).
>
> Well, the user connecting to horde already did provide you with the password.
> Why not reuse it?

I'll be the first to concede that I'm dumb...but I'm not THAT dumb... :)

That's exactly what I mean - I use the same user and password - except
that I get nowhere.

Basically - I use the same user which I (successfully) use to
send/receive IMAP e-mail.  But I can't connect using that same user, via
FTP to publish free/busy information.  Or, use the same user via WebDAV
or HTTP to retrieve said free/busy info.

So...my question is: given that my kolab server's name is
mail.kolab.priv, should the "fetch free/busy" url be
"http://mail.kolab.priv/freebusy/<user>.ifb"?  Likewise, should the
publish url be "ftp://user[:pass]@mail.kolab.priv" ?

That's what I mean - these two don't work as I would normally expect
them to in legacy mode.

Sorry for appearing less than smart - I realize that's easy for me to do
:).

I also found this on the proftpd log (note that the user 'diego' DOES
indeed exist, and IS listed correctly in the admin interface, and can
even log in to the "user admin" interface):

--- BEGIN LOG ---
<date-and-time-stuff>: FTP session opened.
<date-and-time-stuff>: mod_ldap: pr_ldap_user_lookup():
ldap_get_values() failed on attr userPassword for DN
k=kolab,dc=lx50,dc=kolab,dc=priv, ignoring request (perhaps this DN's
entry does not have the attr?)
<date-and-time-stuff>: USER diego (Login failed): No such user found.
<date-and-time-stuff>: FTP session closed.
---- END LOG ----

Date-and-time stuff was truncated for brevety - but this is the ONLY
stuff in the log after a failed FTP login.

Best