[Kolab-devel] Kolab in KDE 3.2?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon May 19 17:50:09 CEST 2003

There is a thread on kde-core-devel
discussion the possible release schedule of KDE 3.2.
It seems notable that people think that there is a good chance
that full Kolab functionality will not come with KDE 3.2.
Certainly the Kroupware project will not be able to
fully bring Kolab functionality into KDE 3.2.
We will merge our work, as planned, but aren't
resonsible for getting Kontact into a stable Kolab state.

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=105315956920725&w=2

	From:     Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
	Date:     2003-05-17 8:19:09
	On Friday 16 May 2003 18:18, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
	> many coporate users hope
	> that KDE 3.2 will be able to natively act as a Kolab client.

	This still requires quite some work. Some important parts of the
	KOrganizer kroupware branch aren't merged yet.

	If there are many corporate users which are interested in that feature
	it might be a good idea, if they would help with that, e.g. by
	providing developers or paying developers to do the work. As this
	feature isn't that interesting for non-corporate users (and
	developers), I suppose it's unlikely that it is implemented by the
	"regular" KDE development process.