[Kolab-devel] Where do we start?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu May 15 13:17:30 CEST 2003

Hi Stephan,

> > Public lists though are imho either handled via traditional mailing list
> > software and I am seriously considering mailman here.
> >
> > In addition we offer bulletin lists via public folders.
>
> How exactly does this work?

You create a public aka shared folder on the server and everyone can subscribe
if the ACLs permit. Mail is sent to the public folder either via IMAP (e.g.
d&d) or via SMTP.

The follwing rules apply:

Email Address of shared folder is UID+foldername at kolab.domain

Where UID is the UID of the folder's OWNER, and foldername is the name of the
shared folder to which you're sending mail.

Note:
Mail incorrectly addressed to a shared folder's address will be delivered to
the INBOX of the shared folder's owner.

I just also added this missing info in our documentation in cvs.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de