[Kolab-devel] Updated Kolab WebClient

Stuart Bingë list at codefusion.co.za
Tue Aug 26 10:54:24 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, 26 August 2003 10:32, Adriaan Putter wrote:

> Surely the memo id is just a unique identifier and surely could be
> anything. Can't you use something from the existing MIME headers that makes
> each memo unique? If you look at the Turba driver, when I developed it I
> used the UID of the message header as my Unique key.

Yes I think so, however the problem comes in with the way we have to handle
IMAP messages, i.e. delete an old one and create a new one (as opposed to
modifying an existing one). I did use the UID as the Memo ID for a while,
however when deleting and recreating the message the UID changes, meaning
Mnemo loses track of the message. Using the X-MemoID Header was the only way
I could track a unique memo id across the IMAP read/writes that we have to
do.

--
Stuart Bingë
Code Fusion cc.