[Kolab-devel] Modiying IMAP Messages

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Aug 22 16:24:38 CEST 2003

Am Freitag, 22. August 2003 14:06 schrieb Jan Schneider:

Hi,

> > So, anyone have any ideas? Ideally I would want something like an
> > imap_modify() function to go along with the imap_append() and
> > imap_delete()
> > ones that currently exist.
>
> There doesn't exist such a method. You always have to use imap_append() and
> imap_delete() to modify messages (notes).
>
> Take a look at imp/lib/Message.php IMP_Message::stripPart() how we e.g.
> handle stripping of mime parts from messages on the server.

Yes, it is a general design decission not to have a modify but only new and
delete for messages.

Basically it enables to avoid many potential races and it increases
scalability (less locking issues)

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de