[Kolab-announce] Kolab.org 3.1 released with File-Cloud & plenty of iRony

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Thu Nov 7 13:29:42 CET 2013

Dear Kolab users and developers,

We are excited to announce the immediate availability of Kolab 3.1. The
highlights of this release are a new file cloud storage feature and
CalDAV/CardDAV support for a great variety of devices, platforms and clients.

There are also improvements and automations for multi-domain hosted
environments. Shared folders can now not only be created with the kolab
command line utility, but also in the web administration interface [1].

The new 3.1 release is available for the reference platform RHEL or CentOS.
And thanks to the new Open Build Service [2] sponsored by Kolab Systems and
SUSE, there is now also packages for Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu and openSUSE. But
please note that these packages are still a work in progress and need some
help from packagers for the various distributions.

Along with the new release, we also updated our old documentation at
docs.kolab.org [3] and replaced them with new more extensive documentation. If
you want to install Kolab.org 3.1, please use the new installation guide there
[4]. If you are upgrading from Kolab 3.0, please make sure to read our
documentation about the upgrade process [5].

There is more detailed information available on kolab.org:

    https://kolab.org/news/2013/11/07/kolab-3.1-released-new-cloud-storage-feature-and-irony

If you prefer to watch a video about the new features, check out our first
screencast that shows the new file cloud:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbESHiCHBig

Kind Regards,
Torsten Grote

[1] https://kolab.org/blog/vanmeeuwen/2013/04/14/shared-folders-kolab-3