[Kolab-announce] Bugzilla Upgrade [Fri, Sat Oct. 5, 6]

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Oct 3 17:08:32 CEST 2012

Hello,

Over the course of Friday and Saturday, I will be upgrading our Bugzilla issue
tracker from our current 3.6 installation to the new 4.2 series.

It has become a minor annoyance, that we had not been able to de-activate
milestones and versions after they were rendered obsolete, and frankly the
version we are currently running is simply outdated.

Additional enhancements in Bugzilla 4.2, including search enhancements, make
it worth us while to execute the upgrade.

My test upgrades show this should be a pretty smooth upgrade. I have managed
to execute the upgrade as fast as 30 minutes. That said, I'm going to want to
allow myself some time to ensure everything is picture-perfect.

In addition to upgrading Bugzilla, it will be moved to another system (for
those of you familiar with our infrastructure, it'll move from the heavily
loaded app01.kolabsys.com on Enterprise Linux 5 to the light-to-moderately
loaded app04.kolabsys.com on Enterprise Linux 6).

I will attempt to make available a supybot integration with email
notifications, allowing bug change announcements to be shared with the
participants on our IRC channel #kolab on FreeNode.

Since Kolab Systems has purchased a Comodo/PositiveSSL wildcard certificate
for kolab.org, this migration is also the right time to make the issue tracker
become available via https://issues.kolab.org exclusively.

One of the reasons to also have available https://bugzilla.kolabsys.com in the
past was the SSL certificate which did not validate unless the Intevation CA
certificate had been imported.

Existing URLs on bugzilla.kolabsys.com will simply be redirected to the new
location.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--