[Kolab-announce] Moving Kolab 2.4 forward to 2.4.1

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri May 18 15:45:47 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce our Kolab 2.4 product series can now be labeled 2.4.1!

This is not a Kolab release in the traditional sense, like we used to do with
previous Kolab product series that were released as OpenPKG package
collections, as today we can release individual package updates, and do no
longer require the complete collection to be released as a whole.

Only so many packages have actually needed updating. The main culprits with
Kolab 2.4 have been found to exist in two packages, in fact, both of which
just so happen to also be amongst the newest code-base used; pykolab and
kolab-webadmin.

Out of the issues that have been found, a selection is included with the
Release Notes for 2.4.1[1].

This selection includes only those changes that may require system
administrators and/or users to perform manual operations to correct issues, in
that the issues may have incorrectly set up Kolab and cannot currently simply
be corrected by updating the software versions installed.

Depending on the version of Kolab you are or have been running while these
mistakes were introduced to your system installation, you may have to
intervene fewer or more times to correct the issue. It is therefore very
useful to read through the list to see if individual issues apply to your
deployment.

A special thanks goes out to Ralf Spenneberg of Open Source Training[2], who
has found, reported and assisted in correcting the most issues by far.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1] http://docs.kolab.org/en-
US/Kolab_Groupware/2.4/html/Release_Notes/index.html
[2] http://os-t.de

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG

e: vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com