[Kolab-announce] This week's new releases

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri May 11 17:50:46 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I'm pleased to announce this week has seen a significant increase in
community participation, mostly thanks to the Kolab 2.4 release, and
mostly about issues with that release. We appreciate the efforts from
everyone giving Kolab 2.4 a spin.

Many issues have been reported, and resolved[1]. Some of the issues
resolved are are pending confirmation, but I feel confident and excited
we're on the right track.

I'm also very pleased I have had the chance to update the documentation
to go along with some of the questions you've asked. Please do take a
moment to glance over the updated documentation[4] and let us know what
you think.

Meanwhile, we've also started (slowly but surely!) to provide Debian
packages. A few additional issues have popped up, but we'll tackle those
as we go along.

These resolved issues have resulted in two new releases;

= pykolab-0.4.3 =

This bugfix release solves up to 28 bugs[2].

The release is available at:

   http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/snapshot/pykolab-0.4.3.tar.gz

Packages will be available for Kolab 2.4, through the updates-testing
repository after the mirror update at 7pm CEST this evening.

= kolab-webadmin-2.4.1 =

This bugfix release solves 6 bugs compared to version 2.4.0, and has
allowed another 37 bugs to have been confirmed resolved[3].

The release is available at:

   http://git.kolab.org/kolab-wap/snapshot/kolab-webadmin-2.4.1.tar.gz

Packages will be available for Kolab 2.4, through the updates-testing
repository after the mirror update at 7pm CEST this evening.

= redland-1.0-7 =

It was brought to our attention a CentOS 6 platform with the KDE
desktop installed could not resolve dependencies when installing Kolab
2.4. The cause of this is Kolab 2.4 ships with MySQL 5.5, a way more
efficient InnoDB engine then the stock release of 5.1. Redland depending
on MySQL however needed to be rebuild against this new version, and so
we did.

Packages are available for Kolab 2.4, through the updates-testing
repository.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1]
https://bugzilla.kolabsys.com/buglist.cgi?chfieldto=Now&query_format=advanced&chfieldfrom=2012-05-04&version=2.4-next&version=2.4.0&target_milestone=2.4-next&target_milestone=2.4.0&product=Kolab
[2]
https://bugzilla.kolabsys.com/buglist.cgi?chfieldto=Now&query_format=advanced&chfieldfrom=2012-05-04&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&version=2.4-next&version=2.4.0&component=kolabd&component=pykolab&target_milestone=2.4-next&target_milestone=2.4.0&product=Kolab
[3]
https://bugzilla.kolabsys.com/buglist.cgi?chfieldto=Now&query_format=advanced&chfieldfrom=2012-05-04&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&version=2.4-next&version=2.4.0&component=kolab-webadmin&target_milestone=2.4-next&target_milestone=2.4.0&product=Kolab
[4]
http://docs.kolab.org/en-US/Kolab_Groupware/2.4/html/Community_Installation_Guide/part-Community_Installation_Guide-Kolab_Groupware_Server.html

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG