New Kolab on Debian 9 SQL Setup not working?!

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Tue Jan 21 13:28:38 CET 2020

okay, had another try.

after apt install kolab I noticed var/lib/mysql exists

I also saw mariadb being installed.

i tried mysql -u root and ...logged in, without setting a root pw

--> so, mysql is running, without password, before setup-kolab gets started.

therefore, and since login is possible without password, choosing 2
might work.
I tested it now, and it does.

why it didnt work at the first try with setting a sql root password
first, I could only guess.
maybe it works too, if you manually set a sql root password before
starting setup-kolab and then select 3