Kolab Now vs Kolab groupware

Hernan Saltiel hsaltiel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 21:17:24 CET 2020

Hi everybody,

    As previously said by other people, I'll start saying that I love to
have a great OpenSource project just as Kolab is working on my datacenter.

    Now, about the improvement opportunities we have, IMHO:

- Better documentation: Some of the chapters are empty, or lack of deep
docs. For example, you'll see I'm sending using this forum a question about
something maybe basic about how to deal with an expired certificate, and
there is no explanation at all about this in the "Securing Kolab" chapter.
Also, some of them are empty, such as "Monitoring Cyrus IMAP", for example.
We end going to the upstream product documents, which sometimes guide us in
the right direction, but sometimes no.
- Intensive testing: Some features seems to not have been deeply tested.
For example, I'm using the Kolab tasks, and after an 16.x -> 16.y upgrade,
those tasks literally disappeared. Also sent some questions on the mailing
list with no luck.
- Integration with Outlook (already discussed previously): Here, no more to
add, just that we understand that in the corporate world Outlook and
Office, mainly, is the office package used. We can put some ideas about
using Thunderbird, but will not be used, maybe not now, maybe in some time
we'll change this.

    Again, thanks a lot for helping, and reading our suggestions about how
to make this an even better OpenSource product.

    Best regards,

--
HeCSa