Kolab Now vs Kolab groupware

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Sat Jan 4 18:03:45 CET 2020

On 04.01.2020 17:11, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> Are people actually having success now with Outlook?  What are the
> limitations?  I have seen some posts about calendaring limitations too.
>
> What about Thunderbird+Lightning?

Every client has some limitations and every Kolab service has some
limitations. It is hard to just list all limitations. We have customers
using Outlook via Activesync, it generally works Thunderbird+Lightning
is working too. There are also some clients that work with Kolab and do
not make use of all its features. So, the best way is to try for
yourself and see if there's all use-cases you expect covered.

> Is Kolab Now the same as Kolab, minus Collabora?

Kolab Now uses publicly available Kolab code + commercial Collabora
packages + some specific multi-domain and multi-host configuration. No
other non-free/non-public code is involved.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Senior Software Engineer