Kolab + Collabora?

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 26 07:40:38 CEST 2019

On 9/25/19 1:01 PM, Milan Petrovic wrote:
> Anyone?
> Any hint?

In recent Kolab you don't need kolab-wopi, it has been replaced by code built into chwala.

I never used CODE, but I work with collabora official (partner) packages.

1. You have to configure chwala to talk to collabora

// WOPI/Office service URL. Enables use of collaborative editor supporting WOPI.
// Note: this URL should be accessible from Chwala host and Roundcube host as well.
$config['fileapi_wopi_office'] = null;

You need also this rule in http server:

RewriteRule ^api/wopi/(.*)$ api/index.php?wopi=1&method=$1 [L,QSA]

2. You have to configure collabora to allow Chwala host.

That's it. Note that Roundcube (kolab_files plugin) is talking to chwala. Chwala is
talking to Collabora. Collabora is talking to Chwala. User browser is talking to
Roundcube, Chwala and Collabora.

That's why it is important to carefully setup DNS so hostnames are resolvable properly on
server as well as on client-side. Also, be carefull with ssl certificates and
cross-domain, etc. Look for errors on server (Roundcube, Chwala, Collabora), but also in
the web browser console.

Also note that some chwala capabilities are cached in session, so you sometimes have to
re-login in Roundcube to notice changes. You may also unset $config['fileapi_cache'] while
debugging.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Senior Software Engineer