Kolab + Collabora?

Milan Petrovic petrovic.milan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 01:42:23 CEST 2019

I've done what I could in setting up Kolab with Collabora, but am stuck
somewhere and don't know what to do next. Would appreciate is someone who
made this possible comes in to help.

So, I'm on Ceontos 7, have Kolab Winterfell and latest Collabora CODE in
place. Both are on the same host, on different subdomains of the same '
mydomain.com'. All the Kolab services use the same (sub)domain. I have
Nginx in front and SSL is set for both services (in Kolab I have set all
the services to be behind SSL except for the directory service - I've had a
lot of troubles trying to make it work based on available guides, but
nothing worked).

In roundcubemail/config.inc.php I have added the following lines:
$config['fileapi_wopi_office'] = '
https://office.mydomain.com/hosting/discovery'; //office domain is for
Collabora
$config['file_api_url'] = 'https://mail.mydomain.com/chwala/api/'; //mail
domain is for Kolab
I have also installed kolab-wopy but there is only one setting I could put
there (/etc/kolab-wopi/sys.config), the Chwala api address (not sure if I
should update also the cert lines?):

[{sasl,[{errlog_type,error}]},
 {kolab_wopi,[{chwala_base_url,<<"https://mail.mydomain.com/chwala/api/">>},
              {http,[{port,4000}]},
              {https,[{port,4443},
                      {keyfile,<<"/etc/pki/kolab-wopi/kolab-wopi.pem">>},
                      {certfile,<<"/etc/pki/kolab-wopi/kolab-wopi.pem">>}]},
              {host_info,[{endpoint_desc,<<"Kolab Systems, Zurich">>},
                          {machine_name,<<"nonode at nohost">>},
                          {version,<<"kolab_wopi_v0.0.1">>}]}]}].

I have also updated the Collabora configuration (/etc/loolwsd/loolwsd.xml(,
the obvious lines, plus, I've added the Kolab's URL in a frame directive:
        <server_name desc="Hostname:port of the server running loolwsd. If
empty, it's derived from the request." type="string" default="">
office.mydomain.com:9980</server_name>
        <frame_ancestors desc="Specify who is allowed to embed the LO
Online iframe (loolwsd and WOPI host are always allowed). Separate multiple
hosts by space.">mail.mydomain.com files.mydomain.com</frame_ancestors>
        <enable type="bool" desc="Controls whether SSL encryption is enable
(do not disable for production deployment). If default is false, must first
be compiled with SSL support to enable." default="true">true</enable>
        <termination desc="Connection via proxy where loolwsd acts as
working via https, but actually uses http." type="bool"
default="true">true</termination>
        <cert_file_path desc="Path to the cert file"
relative="false">/etc/letsencrypt/live/office.mydomain.com/cert.pem
</cert_file_path>
        <key_file_path desc="Path to the key file"
relative="false">/etc/letsencrypt/live/office.mydomain.com/privkey.pem
</key_file_path>
        <ca_file_path desc="Path to the ca file"
relative="false">/etc/letsencrypt/live/office.mydomain.com/fullchain.pem
</ca_file_path>

With these settings in place, well, nothing happens. The Files section in
Roundcube doesn't even have the View and Edit buttions enabled at all when
I select a document (.doc(x)) or a spreadsheet (.xls(x)).

What I find odd, is that I got new "folder" in files - Sessions. I also got
the "Create" button which pops up a dialog to choose the new file's name
and type. Only Open Document standard types are supported (.odt, etc..) and
txt and html. Clicking "Create and Edit" Opens a new window where an editor
should appear (I guess), but it doesn't. The frame with supposed editor
remains empty. Debugging in the browser, I see that all the requests to
https://mail.mydomain.com/chwala/api?method=file_get&file=Files%2FTestSpreadsheet.ods&token=els4llbo0p43klo5oxxxxp4e0
are getting a 301 response.
Funny thing is I can download this empty document, I also see these empty
documents later in the Documenrts and I get the option to "View" them (Edit
is still disabled), but the viewer has same issues as the Create procedure
described above.... the editor (or viewer) does not come up.

Anyway, no sign of Collabora in Roundcube. No option to create or edit
.doc(x), .xls(x), .ppt(x) documents.

I have even temporarily installed NextCloud on the same host, just to see
if Collabora is gonna work elsewhere, and it works flawlessly.

Did I do something wrong above or did I missed something?

Thanks!