HOWTO: DKIM Signing with Kolab 16 on Debian 9

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Mon Sep 9 11:53:34 CEST 2019

Hi Peter,

Am 08.09.19 um 19:48 schrieb Koch, Peter:
> After fighting quite a bit to get DKIM signing to work, I finally
> succeeded.
> The existing documentation did not help much so I decided to write a
> howto for Kolab 16 on Debian 9:
>
> https://diala.org/dokuwiki/howto/dkim_signing_with_kolab_16_on_debian_9

great, thanks a lot.

By the way: did you encounter the problem that wallace parses messages
after they are already signed by dkim?

We got the problem that in the mail flow it's working like this:

 Postfix SMTPD

     Milter (dkim signature)

    Wallace

While wallaces seems to enforce mails with non ascii characters to
quoted printable encoding (even if the mail clients submits it with
8bit) the message is rewritten by wallace with the result that dkim
signature is broken:

  https://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2018-May/021441.html
and ff.:
  https://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2018-June/021442.html

I would appreciate if you could test your dkim signing against emails
from an email client which doesn't encode mails in quoted printable -
and instead does 8 bit utf8 if any special characters are used.

Thunderbird e.g. does this with default (mail.strictly_mime set to false).

Kind regards
Jan