MailScanner instead of amavisd-new

Valentin Laskov laskov at festa.bg
Fri Nov 15 16:01:15 CET 2019

Hello,

I'm new in the list and in learning Kolab. Currently I'm using
sendmail-MailScanner-sendmail-Cyrus IMAP setup.

I like MailScanner. It does everything (almost :) ) as I expect,
according to my skils to set up. I have not used amavisd-new.

According to what I read, the extremely convenient rules in MailScanner
(/etc/MailScanner/rules) in amavisd-new have no analog. Thanks to these
rules, I filter out various unwanted file types attached in emails like
.js, .jar, .7z, .lnk, .exe, .com (MailScanner uses file command to
determine file type), and more, and I can set an action - delete,
redirect ... without checking for spam or viruses. There are separate
rules for files in archives. I can set exceptions, combine different
logical conditions and actions. I have additional own
spam.blacklist.rules and spam.whitelist.rules ...

How is this functionality implemented in mail servers running amavisd-new?

Recent versions of MailScanner have improved postfix support. Has anyone
tried installing MailScanner instead of amavisd-new in Kolab?

I intend to try to do this. I will be very grateful for any advices. Is
there any changes needed in Kolab or this is only postfix related?

Regards!
Valentin Laskov