No contacts in roundcube

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Fri Mar 1 16:51:41 CET 2019

Hi Saša,

Am 28.02.19 um 10:02 schrieb Saša Friedrich (BiTLAB):
> I hope someone can help me. Today one of users reported that there are
> no contacts in roundcube.

we have this phenomena regularly because people use imap clients and
have a default purging policy.

But this doesn't seem to be the problem here:

> I found that contacts are present in his imap spool. I deleted
> cyrus.cache and cyrus.index files an then reconstruct with:

but better look first with

/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/unexpunge -l user/user at example.org

if there are deleted but not yet expunged mails.

> /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct -rfx user/[my_user]/Contacts@[my_domain]
>
> ...nothing changed

ok, but with new index this should't be the case.

> I also tried to clear roundcube cache:
>
> php -f plugins/libkolab/bin/modcache.sh clear -v -u [user_email] -h
> localhost
>
> ...this didn't help eather
>

> Then I tried to clear roundcube mysql contacts cache... no luck.
>

> Now I'm out of ideas.
>
> Contacts map is subscribed and according to roundcube it contains 14
> messages. I can also see 14 messages if I run:
>
> kolab list-messages "user/[my_user]/Contacts@[my_domain]"
>

> If I create new contact it is shown in roundcube normally. But 14 old
> contacts are still not there.

maybe try to find like described above:

/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/unexpunge -l user/user at example.org

I got - already some years ago  - similar problems. moving these
contacts (in an external imap-client) out of the folder and in again
helped. But this doesn't sound really like an solution ;-)

Have you checked the imap objects if they contain valid kolab-xml style
card entries?

Regards
Jan