Installing Kolab in a container

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 19:07:06 CEST 2019

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 5:21 PM Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 4:42 PM Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 4:17 PM Eric B Munson <emunson at mgebm.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you verified that the LDAP server is up and running in the
>>> container?  The process you
>>> are looking for is /usr/sbin/ns-slapd
>>>

>> You are right, there is no process ns-slapd running. But I don't know
>> why, and how to start it. I tried `systemctl start dirsrv-admin` (which was
>> not running), but this did not help, the same problem and the same error
>> (while the status of dirsrv-admin is active/running).
>>

> I just tried `restart-dirsrv` and this solved the problem. Afterwards I
> could login.
> I think this may be a problem of setup scripts that do not create a
> service for starting dirsrv properly. I may be able to create such a
> service myself (unless somebody has any suggestion on how to do it
> properly).

I found an easy solution here:
https://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/howto/howto-systemd.html
The solution is simply: `systemctl enable dirsrv.target`
The setup script probably has missed this, or something has gone wrong.
Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.
If somebody is familiar with the development process of kolab, please
submit a bug or a patch about this.

Dashamir