Missing Calendar and Contacts entries

Thomas thomas at krokodylci.cz
Mon Jul 15 20:53:41 CEST 2019

Hi,

I had maybe same issue with contacts.
One user of 5 on my kolab installation reported me yesterday that her
contacts suddenly disappeared.
This users using only contact sync with her mobile phone (no mails, no
calendar).

The contacts was missing on her phone (synced using ActiveSync) and also
in Roundcube.
The contacts was still as files on disk in the imap spool.

I tried things around index, but no luck.
Now I found this about kolab cache.
https://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2014-August/017704.html

I first tried to disable kolab cache in /etc/roundcubemail/libkolab.inc.php
The change is active immediately (no restart of any service neede).
If then you can see your contacts, this means that kolab cache is corrupted.

I then:
- enabled cache again
- backed up roundcube databse
/mysqldump -u roundcube -p roundcube > roundcube-backup.sql/
- delete cache from database using this sql:/
http://mihai.badici.ro/linux/machinet/debian/kolab.sql
<http://mihai.badici.ro/linux/machinet/debian/kolab.sql>
mysql -u roundcube -p roundcube < kolab.sql
/

Maybe it can help you.

I didn't find out why the cache was corrupted.

Thomas