Can't logon with new user

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Sun Aug 11 05:58:42 CEST 2019

On 2019-08-10 8:55 p.m., Geoff Nordli wrote:

> On 2019-08-08 11:54 p.m., Skale, Franz wrote:
>> Hi Geoff,
>> Are you sure to have the lastest packages installed ?
>> This was a problem in the past but should be fixed now.
>> Please do the following:
>> 1.) Check´, that the user has been created by issuing the command:
>> kolab lm
>> Do you see the mailboxes of the particular user ?
>> If not, restart the kolab-server service. (kolabd).
>> 3.) If you don't success enable debugging by adding the option -d 9
>> -l debug (/etc/default(kolab-server) and restart the service.
>> Then check the /var/log/kolab/pykolab.log logfile for errors.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Franz
>>
>> Am 2019-08-09 07:51, schrieb Geoff Nordli:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Not sure where to look with this one. I created a new user on a
>>> working Kolab 16 install on centos. For some reason I can't logon to
>>> this user.
>>>
>>> All I am seeing in the logs is:
>>>
>>> imaps[4433]: badlogin: [10.0.20.6] test at domain.com LOGIN+TLS
>>> SASL(-13): authentication failure: checkpass failed
>>>
>>> All other users on the system are working fine.
>>>
>>> Any other suggestions on where to look?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Geoff
>>>
> Thank you Franz.
>
> I upgraded the system, but I am still having some issues.
>
> Interestingly, I created a totally different user and that worked fine.
>
> I tried deleting the problem user.   When I do a kolab
> list-deleted-mailboxes, I see the deleted mailbox.
>
> Create the user again, do a kolab lm and the user is listed.
>
> But I still can't logon.
>
> The only part that is different about this user is the primary email
> address was used as a secondary address from a different user.  I
> removed the secondary address from the other user though.
>
> When I look through the pykolab logs nothing really looks related.
>
> Geoff

Forgot to add one thing that is showing up in the maillog is a problem
even sending to that mailbox.

postfix/lmtp to=<test at domain.com>, relay=none, delay=143605,
delays=143605/0.04/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to
mail.domain.com[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp,lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp]:
No such file or directory)