dirsrv not starting / wallace errors

Hermann Himmelbauer hermann at qwer.tk
Tue Aug 6 14:23:20 CEST 2019

O.k., I somehow fixed it now, however, the last Debian 9 / Kolab 16
update seems to have broken some parts.

Perhaps this is interesting for future updates, moreover I would be
happy to know if my fixes are "ok":

1) The Directory Service was not started anymore, so no login etc. was
possible. In order to start them, I had to do a "systemctl enable
dirsrv.target".

2) All E-Mails were stuck in the mailqueue as amavis was not listening
to port 10026. I fixed this by changing the following lines to
/etc/amavis/20-debinan_defaults":

#$inet_socket_port = 10024;   # default listening socket
$inet_socket_port = [10024,10026];   # default listening socket

After that, the E-Mails were looping, as there was still a policy
missing, which I fixed by adding the following lines to
/etc/amavis/25-amavis_helpers:

# it is up to MTA to re-route mail from authenticated roaming users or
# from internal hosts to a dedicated TCP port (such as 10026) for filtering
$interface_policy{'10026'} = 'ORIGINATING';

$policy_bank{'ORIGINATING'} = {  # mail supposedly originating from our
users
  originating => 1,  # declare that mail was submitted by our smtp client
  allow_disclaimers => 1,  # enables disclaimer insertion if available
  # notify administrator of locally originating malware
  virus_admin_maps => ["virusalert\@$mydomain"],
  spam_admin_maps  => ["virusalert\@$mydomain"],
  warnbadhsender   => 1,
  # forward to a smtpd service providing DKIM signing service
  forward_method => 'smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10027',
  # force MTA conversion to 7-bit (e.g. before DKIM signing)
  smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords => ['8BITMIME'],
  bypass_banned_checks_maps => [1],  # allow sending any file names and
types
  terminate_dsn_on_notify_success => 0,  # don't remove NOTIFY=SUCCESS
option
};

I really wonder why these lines were missing from my configuration?

The initial Kolab install was relatively fresh (June 2016),
unfortunately I can't tell how it was configured until my update from
yesterday.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk