Vulnerabilities of Kolab 3.4

Lance Charette lcharette at slingshottech.net
Tue Apr 30 14:58:17 CEST 2019

Johannes,

Thank you for the response and heads up regarding DKIM.  I will look to
incorporate that into our server right away.

I am aware of a man in the middle harvest of email information as well
as the spoofing of email addresses.  We do employ SPF safe guards to
combat emails not sent from our servers but are using our email
addresses.  I typically get 'copies' of these emails when users are
alerting me of it which does not include the header file so I can
determine the route taken by the email.  We have sent out instructions
to all users so that they can include the header when copying the emails
to me.

Like you, I'm kind of surprised no one has jumped on this yet given
concern for security within the Kolab environment.  I have to believe
other Kolab users have experienced something similar.  It would be nice
to have some confirmation as to how 'hardened' the Kolab environment
is.  With all the 3rd party pieces pulled into one product it's
difficult to determine what module is adding what to the mix
particularly given I can find no block diagram of sorts that shows how
they all fit together in the puzzle.  That would be of tremendous
benefit for those of us who are tasked with administering this environment.

Thanks again Johannes and take care,

Homer Dokes