Login timeout on kolab webadmin - no components

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Wed May 16 14:18:11 CEST 2018

Hi all,

we have an kolab directory with about 50 Domains. While login as normal
user for a single domain (with role kolab-webadmin) works, as
cn=Directory Manager we mostly get timeouts. In kolab-webadmin/errors:

PHP Error: API Error: Request timed out due to default_socket_timeout
php.ini setting (GET)

And after some minutes we only see the about icon on screen. So login
itself doesn't fail - but we don't see any components.

The same error doesn't appear on installations with less domains.
Turning on debugging of kolab-webadmin, I see an incredibly number of
ldap queries. Probably because of all the queries about which access
rights login user have on every domain to calculate what to display.

Anybody else facing this problem? And better know a solution?

Best regards
Jan