wallace breaks dkim signature

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Fri Jun 1 10:08:19 CEST 2018

Hi Franz,

thanks for answer,

Am 01.06.2018 um 08:44 schrieb Skale, Franz:
> Hi,
> DKIM uses non standard quoted printable encoding !
> See:
> http://dkim.org/specs/rfc4871-dkimbase.html#dkim-qp

But as far as I understand, dkim itselfs doesn't change the mail body at
all. The qp encoding in my understanding is only for calculating hash.

> Wallace, of course, uses standard QP encoding and doesn't take care for
> special cases, though it's a feature request.

But wallaces alters the mailbody itself. It changes all to quoted
printable and, if configured, adds footer/header.

So dkim signing in my experiences is valid if the email already is
quoted printable from the mua. Roundcube is fine, thunderbird in default
not. But we do not have control about how users are configure there
email programs and 8bit email transfer isn't very uncommon any more.

The problem is, that wallace alteres mails after dkim milter is applied.
Even if the encoding is no problem we run in trubles as far as wallace
adds e.g. footers.

Regards
Jan