Messed up my initial domain choice

Scott lambert at lambertfam.org
Fri Feb 2 21:33:46 CET 2018

On 2018/1/27 04:01, Scott Lambert wrote:
> I made a think-o when setting up Kolab on Centos 7.  I used the "new"
> domain as the primary domain.  I believe I should have used the active
> domain since the "new" domain is not going to be hosted on this server
> until we get everything else this server does worked out.  I also
> should have edited kolab.conf to use givenname as the primary mail
> address/username.
>
> Is it sufficient to deinstall the packages and delete kolab.conf and
> other service config files then reinstall?  Or do I have to manually
> remove databases?
>
> Is there an easier method to remove existing domains/users and start
> over?

I uninstalled all of the kolab packages via yum, but that probably
wasn't necessary.

I initially just removed /var/spool/imap/domain/* /etc/dirsrv/slapd* and
/var/dirsrv/slapd* directories.  Then I reinstalled the Kolab 16 packages.

kolab setup gave me some fits and bailed out after setting up LDAP.

So, I started clearing more stuff.

Eventually I got to :
# more clear-kolab.sh
echo "Stopping 389ds.."
systemctl stop dirsrv at www
echo "Stopping wallace.."
systemctl stop wallace
echo "Stopping guam.."
systemctl stop guam
echo "Stopping cyrus-imapd.."
systemctl stop cyrus-imapd
echo "Stopping postfix..
systemctl stop postfix
echo "Stopping amavisd.."
systemctl stop amavisd
echo "Cleaning out /etc/dirsrv.."
rm -r /etc/dirsrv/slapd*
echo "Cleaning out /var/lib/dirsrv.."
rm -r /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd*
echo "dropping kolab db from mysql.."
echo "drop database kolab"  | mysql mysql
echo "dropping roundcube db from mysql.."
echo "drop database roundcube"  | mysql mysql

setup-kolab then bombed out trying to set the timezone in php.ini.   I
think it was bombing because the timezone was already set correctly.   I
commented the date.timezone line and then setup-kolab ran to completion.
 Everything seems to be working with the correct primary domain.  I'm
not running MX into the system yet, but have imapsync'ed the mail from
the old system into kolab.

There is now a new date.timezone entry at the end of the [Date] section
of /etc/php.ini.

[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; http://php.net/date.timezone
#date.timezone = America/Chicago

; http://php.net/date.default-latitude
;date.default_latitude = 31.7667

; http://php.net/date.default-longitude
;date.default_longitude = 35.2333

; http://php.net/date.sunrise-zenith
;date.sunrise_zenith = 90.583333

; http://php.net/date.sunset-zenith
;date.sunset_zenith = 90.583333
date.timezone=America/Chicago

[filter]

There was a new transport map entry for shared folders of the primary
domain after every failed run that got through the postfix setup.
postmap complained.  I just deleted the duplicate entries by hand.

A person could probably do a better job of clearing out the other
software's configurations, but I didn't bother.

I ended up with uid = givenname at domain and primary email as
givenname.surname at domain but the users can login as givenname at domain.  I
think I'm okay.

Creating role accounts and matching the random
initial(givenname)+surname or givenname+inital(surname) of the legacy
accounts added fun to the process.

--
Scott Lambert                  KC5MLE                     Unix SysAdmin
lambert at lambertfam.org