Status of GUAM and TLS>1.1 ?

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Fri Aug 10 17:57:33 CEST 2018

Good day,

I've seen that the big guam bug (client buffers/split command) was fixed
some time ago and I could unfreeze the 0.8.3 version.

Unfortunately, GUAM still seems unable to do TLS1.2 - which means, I'm
still stuck on Thunderbird 45.8 - or need to set
security.tls.version.max = 2

At least it does start with TLS1.2 in the config.
With TLS1.3 in the config, it doesnt. Although I am not 100% certain
that my assumption how to try was correct.

So, if anyone knows, is there working TLS1.2 out there?
Is 1.3 on the horizon?

I can post my guam config if 1.2 should work with thunderbird. Maybe I
have a problem in the config.
I also can post logs.
(Please note that it may take some time to post though)

Thanks in advance
Catwiesel

PS: Thanks for the hard work on guam, Jeroen and Christoph!