CALDAV reports wrong ACLs

David Faure david.faure at kdab.com
Fri Apr 27 09:55:17 CEST 2018

Hello,

I've been debugging an issue in the KDE Caldav resource, and it turns out to be a kolab server issue:

The CALDAV support in the kolab server doesn't report ACLs correctly. It says everyone has full access to everything, which prevents clients from handling readonly calendars correctly. E.g. I can add an event in a readonly calendar, it will fail to sync, and if I don't notice, this will lead to data loss in the long run, when re-setting up this client from scratch, for instance.

For a shared calendar which is readonly to me (and correctly shown as such in the roundcube GUI, with a small padlock icon), here's what the CALDAV XML says:

<d:prop xmlns:d="DAV:">
 <d:displayname xmlns:d="DAV:">(helena) Vacations</d:displayname>
 <d:resourcetype xmlns:d="DAV:">
 <d:collection xmlns:d="DAV:"/>
 <cal:calendar xmlns:cal="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"/>
 </d:resourcetype>
 <x5:calendar-color xmlns:x5="http://apple.com/ns/ical/">#FB0055FF</x5:calendar-color>
 <cal:supported-calendar-component-set xmlns:cal="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav">
 <cal:comp xmlns:cal="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav" name="VEVENT"/>
 </cal:supported-calendar-component-set>
 <d:current-user-privilege-set xmlns:d="DAV:">
 <d:privilege xmlns:d="DAV:">
 <d:write xmlns:d="DAV:"/>
 </d:privilege>
 <d:privilege xmlns:d="DAV:">
 <d:write-acl xmlns:d="DAV:"/>
 </d:privilege>
 <d:privilege xmlns:d="DAV:">
 <d:write-properties xmlns:d="DAV:"/>
 </d:privilege>
 <d:privilege xmlns:d="DAV:">
 <d:write-content xmlns:d="DAV:"/>
 </d:privilege>
These privileges are just wrong, can this be fixed so they are set correctly based on the IMAP ACLs ?
Then client apps will be able to prevent users from making changes in these calendar folders, rather than letting data loss happen.

Thanks,

--
David Faure | david.faure at kdab.com | Managing Director KDAB France
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, http://www.kdab.fr